- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lance T. Shaner
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
Lance T. Shaner serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Shaner. A graduate of Alfred University, he provides the business strategy and entrepreneurial spirit for multiple companies. Under Lance’s leadership, the companies have completed over two billion dollars in transactions and have grown into a highly respected business group with over 3,000 employees.
Throughout Mr. Shaner’s extensive career he has been successful in leading the companies in areas such as finance, venture capital, contract negotiations, real estate development, acquisitions and strategic investment advice. Today as the Chief Executive Officer of Shaner, Lance is responsible for the overall management of the company and setting of strategic directions. In this leadership role, the companies have completed a number of initiatives including:
Formed Shaner Growth Fund I and II (a private mortgage REIT) in 2009. The companies acquired $154 million of commercial mortgage debt which was sold in 14 months for a 41% IRR.
The formation of a $300 million hotel investment partnership with Five Arrows Realty Securities IV, LLC in 2007 (now Shaner Hotel Holdings L.P.).
Formed Shaner Capital L.P. in 2010, a $100 million investment fund with interests in finance, energy, condominiums, water treatment, and industrial construction.
Responsible for both new development and redevelopment of over 75 hotel projects with leading brand affiliation such as Marriott, InterContinental and Hilton.
Completed a $236 million CMBS loan offering in 2014.
Founded several oil and gas production companies with operations in eight states, achieving significant success in the exploration and development of oil and gas reserves in those states. Those companies later became NASDAQ listed Rex Energy Corp. which he currently serves as Chairman.
Developed the award-winning Williamsburg Square property in State College, Pennsylvania. This development is a mixed-use project consisting of three hotels, two restaurants and two Class A office buildings. The colonial themed property was an immediate success and established a new community landmark.
The funding and development of a regional cable television company in western New York and northern Pennsylvania that was sold for a substantial profit in 1988.
In addition to his business achievements, Lance has served in a number of leadership roles in his community, including:
- Vice Chairman—Board of Directors, Graystone Bank Central PA
- Past Chairman—United Way Campaign for Central Pennsylvania
- Past Chairman—Centre County Business & Industry Council
- Winner—Centre County Entrepreneur of the Year
- Good Scout of the Year Award
- Winner—Palmer Award for Philanthropy – served in various capacities to assist low-income families in acquiring affordable housing.
- Past Co-Chairman—YMCA, Lance successfully co-led the capital campaign in State College, Pennsylvania, resulting in more than doubling the existing size of the YMCA.
- Gave the lead gift to build the new Lance & Ellen Shaner Cancer Pavilion in State College, PA
- 2010 recipient of the Renaissance Man of the Year Award
- 2012 Navy League Distinguished Citizen Award